[Bf-committers] Arabic translation support in the UI script

Yousef Hurfoush bat3a at msn.com
Thu Oct 6 20:04:44 CEST 2011

> I talked with Sergey and this is the current workflow. We can add it to
> //po/README.txt if other translators will run into that. But the basic
> information is there already:

yes i read it and done the steps :)

> If you actually want to discard the old translations from trunk's ar.po it's
> better to cook your own .py for that (trivial to adapt the arabic_to_utf.py
> for that as you know). Given that this is the exception and not the rule I
> don't think we need this officially in trunk. This would happen between (4)
> and (5).

no need for that !
if you run the update_po.py with an empty file but the header
it will add all strings from the genrated .pot also if you use POEdit it has the
option to generate an empty .po file from a .pot template

> * Note: you likely want to run clean_po.py in your new .po to avoid
> translate strings that are not needed.

did that, i'll try to upload the new merged ar.po <if Allah wishes> here,
so someone could update the trunk

thanks for helping

Yousef Harfoush