[Bf-committers] Texture Paint/Sculpt Usability & Features Proposal

Αντώνης Ρυακιωτάκης kalast at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:18:12 CEST 2011

 There's loads of stuff that can be improved here and a good team will
be good to make some good management out of it. There have also been
discussions with Troy Sobotka on better color management support and a
different 16bit integer based internal format for greater precision
and faster texture painting(maybe GPU based?).
 My feeling is that some usability enhancements from this proposal
like brush rotation(rake/user/random) and separate alpha masks and
color dynamics could make it into current design. Given Jason's work
here I think it would be important to see how this will fit into his
redesign of the brush system. A good, accepted GUI design, based on
user feedback is important too. Some feedback on blender nation on
improvements:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?213816-your-wishlist-for-paint-tools