[Bf-committers] cache python scripts for re-distribution.

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 15:20:37 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 9:47 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Richard, its not that we focus on windows only - just that for *nix
> packagers this is trivial since we can assume the right version of
> python installed (unlike windows where we bundle python libs but no
> exe).

Sorry, I left out a word :) I meant to say that *IF* it ends up being
generalized. I didn't mean to indicate that the Blender project was
Windows biased  :)

But to pick up where the conversation left off... How hard would it be
to do the byte-compiling on install? I know I've seen that before when
I was still running Windows XP but it's been a few years. That would
solve the bloat problem.

Thanks,
Richard