[Bf-committers] cache python scripts for re-distribution.

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 04:47:23 CEST 2011

Richard, its not that we focus on windows only - just that for *nix
packagers this is trivial since we can assume the right version of
python installed (unlike windows where we bundle python libs but no
exe).

for the pacman file see ./build_files/package_spec/pacman/PKGBUILD we have this.

  python -m compileall \
	$pkgdir/usr/share/blender/$blender_version/scripts/startup \
	$pkgdir/usr/share/blender/$blender_version/scripts/modules \
	$pkgdir/usr/share/blender/$blender_version/scripts/addons

It does bloat the packages a bit, but since Python do this I'm
guessing its accepted.

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Martin Poirier <theeth at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It will be part of the windows installer, not the build process.
>
> If it's ever part of the build, for sure, it will need a switch.
>
> Martin

- Campbell