[Bf-committers] Proposal: Object creation

Αντώνης Ρυακιωτάκης kalast at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:02:14 CEST 2011

You would need a primitive modifier for every primitive or an
primitive uber-modifier where you select the primitive and get the
appropriate setting below(It would get a bit crowded with switch-case
statements in the C and Python code so maintenance wise it may be
tricky). I think the latter is preferable, though the whole system
with modifiers does feel a bit weird for this use case. I am not sure
if a modifier can be coded in Python, making this system hard to
extend too. Ideally one would code a custom primitive (see for
instance ivy generator) and expose it through Python without delving
too much into c.