[Bf-committers] Proposal: Object creation

Michael Williamson michaelw at cowtoolsmedia.co.uk
Tue Oct 4 12:07:52 CEST 2011

As someone who almost never wishes I could go back and change object
parameters because a cube, sphere, pyramid or whatever is only useful
99.99% of the time as some geometry to start editing into something else....

I have a couple of questions.

The appeal of modelling in blender is that it's just so much more
immediate than other tools.
Having the object locked to only its initial creation parameters when
entering edit mode sounds very cumbersome.
How will you make it not so?

Also, how will your system work if I add an object whilst in edit mode?

There was a python solution a while back that would allow you to do
transforms etc and then go back and change the creation parameters as
long as you hadn't edited the created mesh.
   (entering edit mode was the key there I believe)

IIRC it only worked on primitives created in python rather than the
native ones, but if that worked for all primitives It strikes me that is
a much more "blender" solution...

Seriously though, in "real world" use rather than theoretical tests does
anyone use a primitive /without /editing it? for me that's so rare i'd
class it as almost never.