[Bf-committers] Blender developers IRC meeting minutes, nov 27 2011

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 27 17:24:34 CET 2011

Hi all,

Here's the summary of today's meeting:

1) Blender 2.61 progress

- Testbuilds are available online now:
   http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.61/

- Wiki release log in progress:
   http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.61

- Some reports came in that systems without SSE2 don't run latest
Blender anymore. Appeared to be in libmv - Sergey will check and fix.
Blender has runtime support to switch back to non-sse for old hardware.

- Long discussion started what kind of older HW would be not supported
anymore... where do we draw the line? Seven years, 10 year old hardware?

- Lukas Toenne has patch for improved render pass for AO and Shadow.
These passes should use white (color 1 1 1) to denote "no effect". Ton
is only OK to add this with warning... the issues are in shaders, not
in the pass code. Better for after release?

- Campbell proposes to add new option for equirectangular skymaps like:
   http://www.panopan.com/sw/jsphere/img/aletsch.jpg
   Code is trivial. Can be after release.

- Sergey notes two improvements that will go to tracker tomorrow:
   (1) Camera solver now will lock the interface
   (2) Added presets for default tracking parameters

2) Other projects

- BMesh makes progress (works for Cycles, Ocean Sim + server fixes).
   Ender now works on docs, Campbell will mail proposal for acceptable
feature set for merger.

- Question from Ton: when is OpenCL compositor project going to our svn?

That's it for now, thanks!

-Ton-