[Bf-committers] Patch for naming of "UVTexture Layer"

Gaia Clary gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Mon Nov 21 01:29:15 CET 2011

I tried to  take into account what brecht wrote the other day:

Citation from Brecht about the meaning of "UV Texture Layer":

| The layer is called UV Texture Layer because it contains both UV
| coordinates and an image texture for each face (and some other texture
| face properties before the changes in 2.60). Modifiers and other
| places that use these usually have properties called UV Layer, because
| they only use the UV coordinates part.

However i agree that just naming it "UV Map" would make this area much more
"streamlined" and thus easier to document and teach. But i am the last one
to judge this because i can not tell if a decision to name it "UV Map"
might add
confusion at different places. So if the agreement is "UV Map" i would
be more than
happy with it and change the patch accordingly :)

Note that only the fact that Brecht mentioned:

| So there is a reason for the naming, though it may not be that clear
| and not always applied consistently...

made me start with the patch at all, because he motivated me to give it
a try and show up with a reasonable proposal.

Cheers,
Gaia