[Bf-committers] Patch for naming of "UVTexture Layer"

Daniel Salazar - 3Developer.com zanqdo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 23:46:26 CET 2011

Elaborating, the fact that a common feature has some extra
functionality related to Blender specific design is not a good reason
to get "creative" about such common names. Blender's vertex/edge/faces
can store other data too, however this is secondary, no need to
name them something fancy because of that right? and this last years a
lot of effort has been made into streamlining blender in this sense.
It's easier to explain that our UV maps can also store image links for
use in X and Y feature in the game engine or what ever than coming out
with a new name just because of some extra functionality.

cheers

Daniel Salazar
3Developer.com