[Bf-committers] Bug report: Hard Crash, Kubuntu 11.04 with Desktop effects turned on but not off

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 22:28:10 CET 2011

Sorry to post a bug here but I have no time and will likely not be
back for 2 weeks and this is a hard crash. I am stealing sleep just to
post this much.
blender (ppa current) 2.60.5 r41992
Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT
Driver 270.41.06
Linux 11.04 Kubuntu updated 64 bit.

Open blender (with KDE desk top effects turned on. This error does not
happen with them turned on.)
Shift click little corner thingy to create two windows. Pull Window to
other monitor (as is well at this point) and then drag mouse to touch
top of screen. This causes the window to become full screen but it
never makes it. Hard crash, no keyboard buttons work (usb keyboard and
mouse) but mouse still active but can not click anything. Must press
power button to power down (controlled exit by Linux). I then see half
the screen go black and then it makes little white rectangles that
look like data being written all over the screen. It then switches to
the TTY mode (out of KDE) and does a Linux shutdown.

One note. My system has 2 monitors. One is 1680x1050 and the other is
1920x1080 and I am using Nvidia TwinView. This seems to cause problems
with KDE like the panel not popping up in the right place at start up
but after putting it back everything acts normally. Problem might be
related but really not sure.
Sorry not to post this correctly and I will do my best to check my
emails this week in case there are questions but don't expect me to
use more that 10 minutes testing anything. Really sorry about that, I
want to be a better helper but sometimes life gets in the way.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: