[Bf-committers] Array mod idea

Sanne sanne at lavabit.com
Sat Nov 19 13:40:24 CET 2011

On Saturday 19 November 2011, Knapp wrote:
> It would be nice if we had a random offset (translation) and random
> rotation in the X, Y and Z axis and a setting for how much in each as
> well as an on off check box. Seems like a good newbie dev project to
> me.
>
> Is there a quick way to do this that I have overlooked?

In the 3D view menu header we have Object -> Transform -> Randomize Transform
that should do what you propose. It certainly would have helped Andrew with
his stack of 50 dishes. :)

It's not a modifier though, which would be even nicer for its
non-destructiveness, but as an operator it's still great IMO.

Sanne