[Bf-committers] Cycles movement blur

Nathan Vegdahl cessen at cessen.com
Fri Nov 18 21:22:57 CET 2011

It would be nice if this was built-in to how cycles worked, rather
than a hack that you have to do manually.

And even then, it's more a stop-gap solution.  Ideally we'll
(eventually) want randomly sampled motion blur, to eliminate strobing
and to let you see the full motion blur (even if noisy) early in the
render, so that you can tweak it in the viewport without having to do
the full render (similar to DoF right now).

Of course, I don't expect that terribly soon. ;-)  Motion blur,
particularly deformation motion blur, is a non-trivial problem in
raytracing, if I understand it correctly.

--Nathan