[Bf-committers] FBX camera

Ejner Fergo ejnersan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 01:32:31 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:55 AM, François T.
<francoistarlier at gmail.com> wrote:> Maya is not locked to 1, if you
set a background sequence, it will sync up> to the frame number (if
started at zero Maya will start there as well)
The version of Maya I have access to (2011) does not change frame
range to 0 when importing a Blender FBX (this is the point of this
discussion, right?). Neither does Nuke or Houdini. I have to manually
change start frame to 0. Exporting FBX from Maya uses/sets the correct
start frame (frame 1) in other  apps. It does not subtract 1 frame. I
would expect the Blender exporter to do the same.

> If you use AE, now you have an option to start at 1 but still default is 0.
> But rather than Apps on something even more general Timecode start at 0 :)

What I learned, and working with other companies, is that best
practices is that start frame = 1. This is important when working on a
sequence starting from, lets say, 4789 - 4823. Pretty confusing when
Blender subtracts 1 frame in the export ;)
That video-editing starts with a Timecode of 0 (seconds) makes sense,
but for CG/VFX shots it is not normal.