[Bf-committers] Various "UV-" Terms added to the Wiki ... need verification

Jass gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Wed Nov 16 22:00:27 CET 2011

Hi, all;

I have added some initial (and still very brief) documents to the
Blender Wiki:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Glossary/U

Hi, all;
I have added following terms to the Blender Wiki:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Glossary/U

UVTex
UV Image Editor
UV Layer
UV Layout
UV Map
UV Texture
UV Texture Layer
UV Vertex

Can someone with more background please take a look and verify
that the documents explain the terms correctly ?

I am very unsure about the Term "UV Texture" because i can not make
sense of it other than "a Texture used together with a UV Map" but
i may be wrong here.

I plan to add more  details and explaining images where appropriate.
And finally i think that all will be summarized in the already existing
"UV Mapping" page.

But first i would like to get a secnd opinion on this
so i know that i am on the right track.

thank you
-gaia-