[Bf-committers] FBX camera

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:47:27 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 4:28 AM, Ejner Fergo <ejnersan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Campbell,
>
> Thank you for committing the patch!
>
> I've been looking more into the (local) rotation problem in Nuke &
> Houdini. Turns out a small change is needed on line 404, but the
> change is also needed for lamps, so posted the changes here:
> http://www.pasteall.org/26478
>
> Basically Vector((0.0, 1.0, 0.0)) needs to be Vector((0.0, 0.0, 0.0)).

This looks wrong, the vector is being used as an axis for another
rotation matrix, passing a zero length axis to Matrix.Rotation
probably just makes the matrix a unit matrix.

                    y = matrix_rot * Vector((0.0, 1.0, 0.0))
                    matrix_rot = Matrix.Rotation(math.pi / 2.0, 3, y)
* matrix_rot

could be replaced with...
                    matrix_rot = Matrix().to_3x3() * matrix_rot
or :) ...
                    matrix_rot = matrix_rot

This needs further investigation & testing with different apps :S, its
possible Nuke & Houdini dont read FBX correctly too (or assume certain
conventions).

> This of course mess things up in Maya (and C4D)... FBX is such a
> stupid format, irritating that Autodesk is pushing it!
>
> Another thing: Can we please change the frame range to not be -1? All
> apps start from frame 1, even Maya has changed from 0 to 1.
>
> Any thoughts on all this? And can you point me in a direction on how
> to animate settings?
>
> Thanks for your time!
>
> Best regards,
> Ejner