[Bf-committers] Please help me debugging

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 05:08:15 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 3:45 AM, Rainer Hohne <rahohne at googlemail.com> wrote:
> @ Campbell
> Thanks for your advice. Finally blender compiles again using scons, but
> still no luck with CMake. To use QtCreator for debugging, I have to create
> the project files with cmake_qtcreator_project.py and although I followed
> your instructions from the wiki, I'm getting this error
> "UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 327:
> ordinal not in range(128)", so no blender.creator is created. Don't know if
> this is related, but in CMake, there is a "Unsupported CFLAG:
> -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable" error.

Hi Rainer, fixed the bug where only ascii paths were supported for
generating project files r41902.

The 'Unsupported CFLAG' warnings can be ignored, the warnings are
useful for developers but if not supported by the compiler they are
not used.

This leaves the "but still no luck with CMake" --- problem, any
details on what goes wrong?

> @ Xavier
> Just forgot to tell scons to use the static library. Thanks for your help.
>
> Rainer

- Campbell