[Bf-committers] Cycles movement blur

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 21:46:30 CET 2011

I was just thinking today that Cycles could do motion blur without
taking a big CPU hit. I don't know much about all this so I bet my
ideas is wrong or old but I thought I would post it just in case.

When we do animation the computer calculates tweens and moves stuff
for us. It does this once per frame. Cycles does many render cycles
per frame. It struck me today that if at each cycle pass you move the
object you would get a blur effect. I was also thinking that you might
move it every 100 out of a 1000 pass to get interesting stutter
effects. I look forward to hearing if  my idea was good or only trash.
BTW I would love to see a pause on the main render. Cycles eat my CPU
alive and does not let me do much in the background. A nice/slow
button might be good too but I am sure I am not the first to say this.

Thanks for all the really cool work!! I love cycles, dynamic paint,
motion tracking and ocean sim! All the other stuff is more in the
background but I am sure I will be loving it too once I find it!

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: