[Bf-committers] Pending patches for iTaSC

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 13 00:53:06 CET 2011

Roughly a month ago i had some trouble using iTaSC. The first problem
(#29048) [1] was a reproducible crash while loading files which used the
solver. Since Eigen2 was throwing an assertion, it was clear that it is
an alignment problem. I fixed the problem with an allocator (as proposed
by Eigen2) which takes care of the alignment. The second problem was a
mixup in parent relationship for tree IK. Juha Mäki-Kanto provided a
patch, so that blender builds the relation correctly.

In the meantime i used iTaSC intensively and i did not encounter any
further problems. Could someone be so keen to submit both patches to
trunk? I started to create an tutorial which explains iTaSC in more
detail. But it would be rather useless if Blender crashes, does it wrong
or i would have to tell the audience that it needs to compile Blender on
it's own and to apply patch x and y. ;-)

[1]
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?group_id=9&atid=498&func=detail&aid=29048
[2]
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?group_id=9&atid=498&func=detail&aid=29041