[Bf-committers] grading w/ compositor

Xavier Thomas xavier.thomas.1980 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 23:40:31 CET 2011

2011/11/8 François T. <francoistarlier at gmail.com>

> > *With big resolution it is slow  indeed. The indea was to make it use a*
> > * background job so that it does not freeze the UI while updating
> > (threading
> > is also an option). I had a patch in the tracker for this but due to some
> > update notifier problem it was causing lots of redraw of the image and
> > scope regions so it was never applied to trunk, maybe now the situation
> is
> > better and it is worth taking another look a it.*
>
> - are they computed if collapsed (since we can't really close them) ? by
> that I mean, if I collapse all of them except the waveform, it is the only
> one computed ?

No, They use a tag "ok" which is set to 0 when the image content change.
Then when we need to draw them, if the "ok" flag is ==0 than the scopes are
updated before drawing (blocking the whole UI). Updating the scopes set the
"ok' flag to 1.

> *I don't find them hard to see, but as the original coder of the scopes I*
> > * had some feedback where people do not understand that it is min/max and
> > tought it was garbage. This king of style customusation is easy for
> anybody
> > with C/OpenGL knowlage, but it would be better to have a clear goal
> before
> > messing the code just for personal ahesteic preferences.*
> >

> the min/max makes perfect sense to me and the design is great.  I just feel
> like its hard to see especially when you want to make those lines match.
> Plus they disappear in those rounded corners which is a bit annoying. maybe
> it is the default grey background which makes it hard to see it. Like I
> almost didn't noticed the grid and values with the light gray

Than maybe the better would be to add themes options for the backgroung and
grid colors for the scopes.

xat