[Bf-committers] Blender developer IRC meeting, nov 6 2011

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 6 17:35:35 CET 2011

Hi all,

1) Blender 2.61 planning

- We're getting a Branch Merger hurricane week! The mergers will
happen in this order:

   1) Tomato, camera/motion tracking
      monday, Sergey Sharybin
   2) Cycles render engine,
      tue/wed, Brecht van Lommel
   3) Dynamic Paint
      thu/fri, Miika Hamalainen
   4) Ocean Simulation (modifier)
      weekend, Lukas Toenne

- Last merger work is possible tuesday 15 November (BCon3 start).
We'll then stabilize everything for 2 weeks. Early December the
official testbuilds will be available.

- Antonis Ryakiotakis: UV tools is ready for review. Meeting agrees to
not add this as another target for 2.61, this can be the first 2.62
merger. It does need a reviewer still.

- Ocean Sim docs:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.5/Manual/Modifiers/Simulation/Ocean
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Broken/OceanSimulation

- Thomas Dinges added new libs in svn:
Windows 32/64 Boost 1.47 and OpenImageIO 0.10.3 libs

- Campell Barton mentions: mocap importers from Daniel M. Basso, C3D
and Acclaim formats are in trunk now (addons, disabled by default)

- Brecht: Cycles in 2.61 will only output a regular RGBA (float)
buffer, not hooked up to the compositor yet. In 2.62 it will be
writing to render layers and deliver passes.

2) Other projects

- Jeroen Bakker will setup a project for the online devs to help
migrating all nodes to the new architecture. The new tile-based OpenCL
compositor is a potential 2.62 target, a full migration plan (whether
it replaces old compositor or will be living a while next to it) is
going to be made still.

That's it, fasten seatbels!

-Ton-