[Bf-committers] Please help me debugging

Rainer Hohne rahohne at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 5 23:42:25 CET 2011

Hi there,

being quite new to debugging, I would be glad if you could explain to me
how to trace function calls from the GUI. Currently I can only see what
function blender is at when it crashes (using DDD on Ubuntu), but I need to
know which C function is being called for example if I click a certain
button in the GUI.

So can someone please explain what I need to do to get such a "live"
backtrace of GUI interactions (if possible at all) - do I need a debug
build of python or something like that ?

Rainer