[Bf-committers] svn externals & slow updates

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 14:15:38 CET 2011

Blender now uses externals for 'po/' and 'release/datafiles/locale',
this means svn up is now checking 3 extra externals, on my system this
is taking over 30 sec to do an `svn up` even if nothing changed in
svn.

So for devs who update often you might want to ignore externals most
of the time.

For this you can do...
svn up --ignore-externals

since I update a lot I set an alias in ~/.bashrc
alias svn_qup='svn up --ignore-externals'

In case any of you get problems updating, apparently removing the dir
then updating fixes it.

--
- Campbell