[Bf-committers] New VSE proxies, feedback appreciated

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue May 31 13:52:30 CEST 2011

Hi Peter,

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 11:16 PM, Peter Schlaile <peter at schlaile.de> wrote:
> <snip>
>
> (Please tell me, if you think otherwise.)
>
> To at least clarify things in UI, I just renamed the label of the Tab from
> "Proxy" to "Proxy / Timecode", and "Use Proxy" to "Use Proxy / Timecode".

The current storage and the UI changes seem fine to me. It might be
good to change the operator name to something like "Rebuild Proxies
and Timing" as well to make it clearer that doing this operation may
affect timing of movie strips.

>> * What happens when you remove a strip while the proxy for it is being
>> built? Didn't find any checks for that.
>
> Since we work on (deep) copies of the original strips, nothing will
> happen at all, if you delete a strip.

Ah, I missed the code that makes the strip copy, so no problem then.

Thanks,
Brecht.