[Bf-committers] Smart nodes aren't so smart

Lukas Tönne lukas.toenne at googlemail.com
Mon May 30 23:26:53 CEST 2011

+1

It would be much more helpful to have better tools to
* insert nodes into existing links
* replace nodes by others
* keep input links when duplicating (optional)

There are some possibilities to make noders life easier, but the
crappy autoconnect is not one of them. Current autoconnect messes up
mostly because it cannot chose sensible nodes to connect to, not just
sockets. The above features don't have that problem, but they still
might require better definition of socket "roles" (also relates to
muting). I might implement it at some point, but wouldn't mind leaving
it to another coder who wants to get down into the trenches with UI
code. I would give advice when i can of course.