[Bf-committers] Blender irc developer meeting, May 29 2011

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sun May 29 16:40:17 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Here is the report of today’s meeting:

1) Blender 2.5

- Bug Tracker is up to 182 open issues.
Everyone: Please have a look at bugs, assigned to you. Fixing them is a
very high priority! We need to be ready for a 2.58 release in the next
3-4 weeks.
We need a solid basis, before the 2.6x fun can happen :)

-Peter Schlaile mentions work on Video Sequencer Proxies, would fix a
few bugs inside the tracker too.
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2011-May/032152.html
Will be reviewed soon and if it's fine, it can be merged to trunk.

2) Google Summer of Code
- Students wrote weekly reports and sent them to the GSoC mailing list.
-Miika Hämäläinen:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-May/000073.html
-neXyon:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-May/000079.html
-Sven von Brand:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-May/000080.html
-Jason Wilkins:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-May/000071.html
-Joshua Leung:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-May/000067.html
-xiangquan xiao:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-May/000068.html
-Benjy Cook:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-May/000069.html
-Dan Walters:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-May/000070.html
-Sergey I. Sharybin:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-May/000072.html
-shuvro sarker:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-May/000074.html
-Ρυακιωτάκης Αντώνης:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-May/000075.html
-Sukhitha Jayathilake:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-May/000076.html
-Hays, Jason S.:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-May/000077.html
-Matthias Fauconneau:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-May/000078.html
-Daniel Stokes:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-May/000081.html
-Mitchell Stokes:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-May/000082.html

I hope I got all links right. :)

3) Current projects
-Sergey Sharybin updated the win32/64 ffmpeg libraries last week, no
issues so far.
It would be cool if we could have same configuration for all systems.
Help is welcome on OS X libs. Please talk to Sergey if you need more
info, he can give the configs he used for the windows/linux libraries.

-Sergey Sharybin also mentions some progress on new Boolean library:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=26465&group_id=9&atid=127
According to Sergey it'll fix some limitations (like stack overflow when
handling objects with special topologies) and it's much faster.

-Mindrones mentions all 2.6x related information in the wiki go to the
Dev:2.6/* section.

-Branch maintainers should fill in information about their branches into
the wiki page:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.6/Source/Development/Merge_And_Integration_Plan

Thanks,
Thomas