[Bf-committers] Node system for game logic (Erwin Coumans)

Sjoerd de Vries sjdv1982 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 12:52:54 CEST 2011

> Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 21:05:17 +0900
> From: Erwin Coumans <erwin.coumans at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] Node system for game logic
> To: bf-blender developers <bf-committers at blender.org>

Hi Erwin,

> Statically linking of games against the Hives logic system is the whole point of discussion.

As far as I understood, that was *not* the point of discussion.
Some people expressed concern about the "virality" of the hive system,
i.e. that it would force the GPL upon GameKit.
That is clearly not the case, I hope that this discussion is closed.

The license of the hive system (and games that use the hive system) is
a completely different discussion. Maybe this mailing list is not the
best place for that.
I have written down some thoughts on the hive system license on my
user page on the wiki:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Sjoerd

Everyone is most welcome to provide their feedback and opinions there.

cheers

Sjoerd