[Bf-committers] Node system for game logic

Hart's Antler bhartsho at yahoo.com
Sat May 28 20:28:50 CEST 2011

The proposal at http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Source/GameEngine/NodalLogic
is huge, great ideas, but maybe its overkill.

Nodes are cool, better than what we have now, but i think "Scratch-style" logic blocks would be simple and even more clear. http://scratch.mit.edu/

One issue i see is there are many changes at the C level that need to be made to leverage the current node interface.  Why not take a pure python approach, and use ctypes where needed?  If the UI is going to be general and compatible with other engines like Panada3d, etc.. it really should use a standard GUI toolkit like Qt or Gtk.

-brett