[Bf-committers] Final FFMPEG compatibility fix (hopefully)

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Sat May 28 01:54:39 CEST 2011

Hi,

just have commited the final compatibility fix for ffmpeg using a seperate
header file that handles all the version cruft. (located in
intern/ffmpeg/ffmpeg_compat.h )

What makes it very nice: you can now write your code using the latest
API version of ffmpeg GIT and can still be sure, that it will compile on
older versions. (without those nasty #ifdefs all over the place.)

You still have to check though, when you use interface functions, that
where *not* used within the rest of the code and add compatibility macros
to ffmpeg_compat.h appropriately.

I hope, build doesn't break anymore.

If it doesn't work out, please send me an email. (And: if you do
so, tell me the exact ffmpeg version you are using, otherwise, I can't
check!)

Cheers,
Peter

P.S.: Sorry for the inconvenience, should have solved that the first time
       this way.

----
Peter Schlaile