[Bf-committers] regarding color correction and images

Ρυακιωτάκης Αντώνης kalast at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:13:46 CEST 2011

Hi brecht, I am not a painter myself so I asked advice from David Revoy, who
made the initial request to LetteRip when he was asking for wishlist
features for this GSoC. We had a test session yesterday and it seems like
the behavior he thinks works correctly is the one outlined above (convert
user brush color to RGB, do math in linear RGB space, convert data to sRGB
and send for display). So indeed this looks like a color management issue.
I thought from reading
this<http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-256-beta/color-management/>page
that this the way things are supposed to work anyway.

I am not sure whether different software works this way, to tell you the
truth I was not even aware of such issues until it was brought to my
attention. I will post a test request on blenderartists and see what
regarding color management status so that a conscious decision can be made
by the developers and the users are aware of the issues.