[Bf-committers] Let us switch to git, pretty please

Sergey I. Sharybin g.ulairi at gmail.com
Fri May 27 08:41:20 CEST 2011

  Hi, Campbell

I've been moving our work SVN repo to GIT at my previous job* and Nathan
should have script which moves SVN repo into GIT repo with handling all
branches and so. So i could make tests too.

But i'd prefer to compare speed GIT vs. Mercurial. I haven't used
mercurial myself, but there's information that GIT is much faster. I
want to confirm this :)

* It was script which reads every commit from SVN repo and makes the
same commit in GIT repo -- this was made to avoid all that additional
messages in commit logs created with git-svn..

With best regards, Sergey I. Sharybin