[Bf-committers] Unlimited clay patch review

raulf at info.upr.edu.cu raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Mon May 23 21:22:34 CEST 2011

Hi there :)

Yes, the patch is more like spagetty code and for internal development, I
use all of those hacks in order to get a working system first, and only
then start reworking/redisigning into a readable form. UnlimitedClay is
about mixing two very separated functionality in Blender source code:
sculpting and mesh editing, and as a result I have to move around parts of
the code to make them visible to other parts, that's why I have broken the
encapsulation principle but I always think of that as a temporal solution,
not something worth to be taken into account.
I know everyone is busy, so do I releasing the first public beta or
LiveClay for 3DCoat, UnlimitedClay now has two betas ... well, they're
more like alphas ;)
 I don't expect too much aid in porting it to new sources rigth now, so I
think I will have to make the migration from EditMesh to BMesh on my own,
also I don't like the modifier approach but only time will tell whether
is better or not to have it as an integral feature of the sculpting
module or as a modifier.

due to the low feedback I'm getting from unlimitedClay for Blender .. are
people still interested on it? I'm still here :(