[Bf-committers] Some ideas to improve the "Add-Ons" section

Damir Prebeg blend.factory at gmail.com
Mon May 23 09:01:37 CEST 2011

I would like to see one more button - "Edit Addon" for quicker access
to the addon code (I know, I can always navigate my self through
folders but why not quicken things).
Also, I think that Import-Export category should be divided in two
separated Import and Export categories because the fact that not all
import-export addons providing both functions and even under File menu
they are having separated sub-menus.
And one more thing but that one is more related to general design of
some pages of User Prefs: Left side with buttons should be separated
from the right side with list of addons and both should be scrollable
(same would be applicable to theme and input pages of user prefs)

Best regards,

Damir

On 23 May 2011 06:01, Daniel Salazar - 3Developer.com <zanqdo at gmail.com> wrote:
> i think adding keywords to addons would be good, Searching for a
> specific addon limmited by its name sometimes isnt the best
>
> Daniel Salazar
> 3Developer.com
>

> On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 11:58 PM, Hart's Antler <bhartsho at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> The Addons system badly needs a "recently added" list, that should be the default when going to UserPrefs>Addons.
>>
>> The most common question i get from users of my addons is "where do i go to enable it".  Even if i put in the addon README UserPrefs>Addons>Somecategory>myaddon, few seem to figure that out and get lost is the long list of addons presented in the Addon panel.
>>
>> -brett

>>> 1b) no real development would be allowed on