[Bf-committers] Blender irc developer meeting, May 22 2011

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun May 22 17:29:00 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Thomas Dinges <blender at dingto.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here is the report of today’s meeting:
>
> 1) Blender 2.5
> -Bug tracker has 175 open issues. Campbell Barton suggests to fix the
> most important ones.
>
> -There are still some issues with Permissions on Windows caused by the
> installer probably.
> Nathan Letwory will look into it.
>
> -Plan remains on releasing a 2.58 release in June.
>
> 2) Google Summer of Code
> -Tomorrow is official start of coding period.
>
> -Students need branches asap. This is a top priority!
>
> -Thomas Dinges proposes to let students/mentors decide wheter they want
> to share a branch with others or have an individual one. Still, all
> branches will be merged to a "staging branch" (A branch which contains
> all GSoC projects).
>
> -Jörg Müller (neXyon) volunteers to create the branches. (after
> students/mentors decided what they want to use)
>
> 3) Current projects
> Campbell Barton reports on b-mesh:
> - It needs to be stabilized - see wiki todo list
> - It needs subsurf optimization, currently a lot slower (over 2x)
> - BMesh operator api needs review on its own
>
> -Sergey Sharybin reports on the "baking from multires" patch. Was
> reviewed by Brecht and could be committed to Trunk.
> Will be checked on a bit more.
>
> -Jeroen Bakker reports that there is still a lot of work to be done
> inside the opencl compositor project.
>
> -Brecht van Lommel reports he made some progress on render api updates
> and opencl support last week (Cycles Branch).
> Will continue this week.
>
> Thanks,
> Thomas

Some clarification,
For 2.58, rather then trying to get a low number in the bug tracker
I'd prefer to pick some of the worst bugs which effect users and focus
on fixing those - '[#27062] At second start of Blender all buttons are
missing' - being an obvious one.

Possibly these too...
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=26370&group_id=9&atid=498
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=27241&group_id=9&atid=498

Here's the BMesh TODO
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Todo/BMesh

Heres my review, joe already addressed quite a few of the issues which
have been updated on the page.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Ideasman42/BMeshBranchReview