[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [36779] trunk/blender/source/blender/ blenkernel/intern/fcurve.c: modify fcurve evaluation for bool/enum/ int values.

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Fri May 20 02:34:18 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Aligorith and I discussed this before committing, and are aware of the
> implications.
>
> To me if you are editing floats, but have them converted to ints later
> it makes most sense (on a user level), to round them. If the GUI makes
> it unintuitive then it should be made intuitive (grid lines when
> zoomed in for example), if you want I can add this.

Rounding them to whole numbers, sure, I totally agree, and if floor() works
better then I'm all for it. But when animating bool values it makes perfect
sense that as soon as your curve crosses from 0 to 1 (not 0 to 0.5), the
value is switched on. Same goes for integer values, animating my curve from
4.0 to 4.51 should not switch the value to 5.

cheers

Matt