[Bf-committers] Copy Data Path and API doc organization

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Thu May 19 18:13:05 CEST 2011

On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 09:31 +0200, Damir Prebeg wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> It would be much more useful if we could copy full data path and not
> just the last part of it. For instance, If I copy data path of x
> render resolution, all I get is "render.resolution_x". And under witch
> module or class lives that render? It's like you are giving me a
> street name with a number but you don't want to tell me in witch city
> that street is located.
I hit the reply button too soon. Here's an idea:
use drag and drop (with a modifier, e.g. alt, or shift-alt) on buttons:

shift-alt drag button into text editor or console -> full path
shift-alt drag button into driver area -> appropriately truncated path

I'm not sure if this is an abuse of drag and drop. Alternatively having
a 'smart paste' that omits the path might work for drivers. I have no
idea if that would be an abuse of copy/paste however ;)

Bassam