[Bf-committers] ASC-CDL test suite compliance

Julien Enche julien.enche at gmail.com
Wed May 18 18:38:35 CEST 2011

Hi Andrew,

iv and Nuke show you the data unconverted (so you see Log value without any
Log -> RGB conversion) and without gamma correction.
The problem here is that if I change the code to correctly load this
picture, it will fail for every other pictures I've used so far.

I don't know if OIIO and Nuke are fully DPX compliant, I've always compared
the behavior of my code with GraphicsMagick which still seems to be the most
advanced free software on the DPX/Cineon side (more than ImageMagick). And
the question was also raised about ASC CDL handling [1].

So I don't see any easy way to correct this, perhaps it could be useful to
have a compositor node that allow to apply different LUTs on a picture to
correct it ?

Julien

[1] : http://osdir.com/ml/video.graphicsmagick.help/2007-03/msg00006.html