[Bf-committers] openmp

rafa rsaavedra at ono.com
Tue May 17 19:11:15 CEST 2011

Hi,
I've been browsing the source code of the nodes, at least those of
composition, and I think it could be parallelized using openmp.

I've seen in some parts of blender that openmp is used, and I think it
could be extended at least to other nodes, as composition useoperations
that are well suited to be parallelized.

I wonder if there is someone already working on this as I would like to
help. Also, I would like to know, if the new engine cycles, would make
this work obsolete so it doesn't worth investing effort in improving the
currentengine.

What do you think ?.

Thanks in advance.
Rafael Rios