[Bf-committers] Blender meeting minutes, May 15 2011

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun May 15 18:07:31 CEST 2011

Hi all,

1) Blender 2.5x project

- Patch offered by Bastien Montagne for review "Weight group modifier":
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=26108&group_id=9&atid=127
Doc:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Mont29/WeightVGroup

- Confirmed: we're still on a 2.58 target in June to attempt making
our 8-week release cycle!

- blender.org development pages need urgent refresh to reflect our
planning.
   Ton volunteers to tackle it monday.

- Update/refresh needed for release cycle checklist: Thomas Dinges
will help (also remove it from svn to prevent duplicates)
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Checklist

- Nathan, Campbell & Thomas will review old 'BCON' status system, and
come with proposal for new formal protocals how to manage development
and release cycles, fitting bi-monthly releases!

- Still important: we might need some kind of developer agreement.
   http://harmonyagreements.org

2) Google Summer of Code

- Monday 23 May is official start!

- Which students will share branches, still pending proposal...

3) Other projects

- Lukas Toenne's nodes branch had positive review by Brecht:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Phonybone/Particles2010
(Note: this branch has no particle code anymore only node stuff!)

Actions: first get approval from other (node) team members on
functionality. Then check on best moment to apply. Lukas proposes
a.s.a.p. (for 2.58). Main disadvantage: it breaks forward
compatibility (files saved with this won't read in last release).

- Reminder: there's a cool bake patch for review:
   http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=27331&group_id=9&atid=127
Ton will check with Sergey on way to get at least ESC work, or code a
nicer way to block UI but have events handled and some redraws for
progress bars and "Cancel" button.

- (Not code releated) Blender Network proposal is open for review
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Org:Foundation/BlenderNetwork

Thanks,

-Ton-