[Bf-committers] Camera view navigation rant

Mike S blenderdev at mikes.id.au
Sat May 14 06:21:53 CEST 2011

oh ... this occurs with or without the camera selected using the middle
mouse button navigation and/or zoom AND Auto Depth option Enabled.

With the Auto Depth disabled seems to work moving the view using the
middle mouse nav with camera selected or not. Zooming with middle mouse
or CNTL middle mouse push still has issues IF the camera is not selected.

With camera selected and LCV on using G/R hotkeys in local or world
works fine.

Hmm it seems like using the 3D view AND clicking in 3D space with middle
mouse as part of a view change leads to the jumps when back in the
camera with LCV enabled. Just toggling "0" in and out has no effect...
you have to change the 3D view to cause the jump in cam view with LCV
enabled.

Sorry I can not yet pin it down to something definite.  The addition
seems fine in probably most if the use cases.  I do tend to find the
outlier cases as I probably don't work in the same way most 3d artists
do ^_^.

Mike.