[Bf-committers] Camera Guides

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Tue May 10 23:03:00 CEST 2011

Thanks Campbell! this is really nice !
On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 08:03 +0200, Damir Prebeg wrote:
> This feature is great but without ability to orbit camera without
> leaving camera view it has limited functionality. And no, I don't use
> fly mode, because I get airplane sickness.
> Let's imagine that real life cameraman has to leave his cam and walk
> around some scene to see it from a different angle. When he finds
> perfect shot he presses CTRL+0 to tell his helper to bring him his
> camera...

did you know that cursor pivot/etc works from camera view as well? that
is, you can snap a cursor to the object you want to pivot around,
press . and r r and orbit around it to a new angle. shift to make the
orbiting smoother. I do use the ctrl alt 0 to bring my camera to a view
port if I find a nice angle that way- then you can use the guides to
fine tune your composition.
Oh, I never use the fly mode either, but I'm sure some people do.