[Bf-committers] Blender developer IRC meeting notes May 8, 2011

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Mon May 9 09:21:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

> 1) Blender 2.57+, current projects
>
> - Peter Schlaile: are you still available this month? FFmpeg update
> might have issues.

still there. What (additional) issues came up?

There was and are still serious seeking issues caused by the stupid
ffmpeg seeking code within ffmpeg, which is a) DTS based and b) generally
assumes more or less a CBR stream on a lot of formats (especially
prominent ones like MPEGTS streams (HDV)) and will fail horribly, if that
assumption doesn't hold. (In the case of HDV, dropouts on the tape, which
are pretty common, are sufficient to make it fail...)

I've finished a seperate indexer, that addresses that problem and builds
proxies in parallel. I'll commit, when I've found all the bugs in my new code...

Besides that, I don't know of any new issues (I use a very current, ffmpeg
GIT Feb 19 2011 myself).

Cheers,
Peter

----