[Bf-committers] cmake OS X blender

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 09:51:53 CEST 2011

Recently its been happening more often, there are more scripts I
intend to move into packages too but agree its normally not so common.

Agree only relying on a clean target is more correct, I'm not totally
against this but the reason this is done (scons and cmake) is we had
users copying scripts there and then submitting bug reports if they
gave some error on startup.
This kind of problem also ends up in graphicall builds too.

For every one of these reports getting to the bottom of the problem
tended to take a few replies (get them to paste python full stack
trace rather then screen-shot, ask to remove dirs and rebuild),
imagine its annoying for them too.

>From the POV of fielding bug reports I really like to know that the
script dir is only scripts we release and that users have
$HOME/.blender for their own scripts.

- Campbell