[Bf-committers] cmake OS X blender

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 08:32:19 CEST 2011

copy_if_different works for single files but will leave stale scripts
which can run on startup and mess up blenders state, moving a script
to an addon or renaming is a common cause of this.

committed a warning r35894, if the bundled python is not found on
Win/OSX then it warns blender may not start properly and suggest to
use the 'install' target.

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 6:12 AM, Erwin Coumans <erwin.coumans at gmail.com> wrote:
> i reported the same problem under Windows (cmake/msvc) on this list recently.
>
> Why is an INSTALL target needed? I'm not installing Blender system wide.
>
> Can't we simply copy those files using something like below?
>
> ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND(     TARGET AppOpenCLClothDemo  POST_BUILD
>                                                COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} ARGS -E copy_if_different
> ${BULLET_PHYSICS_SOURCE_DIR}/GLUT32.DLL
> ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}                                             )
>
> At least instead of crashing, Blender should detect the missing files
> and print a meaningful error in the console (did you build/run the
> INSTALL target?)
>
> Thanks,
> Erwin
>

> On Tuesday, 29 March 2011, Tom M <letterrip at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok, figured it out with Cambos help, i updated the documentation at the wiki.
>>
>> Need to switch the 'Target' to 'install'.  Previously that wasn't necessary.
>>
>> I don't feel quite so dumb since a lot of other folks had the same issue.
>>
>> LetterRip
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Benjamin Tolputt
>> <btolputt at internode.on.net> wrote:

>>> I've tried multiple times now, having updated both the lib directory  &
>>> code to latest from subversion. I tried with previous CMake settings and
>>> then deleted them and the build directory completely to try fresh (I do
>>> "out of source" builds).
>>>
>>> None of them work. This did not used to be a problem in any way, as I
>>> could always (using existing options or fresh checkout) simply run CMake
>>> then build in XCode, then run the resulting binary. Cannot speak for
>>> others, but it is pretty bad that I cannot even get the RC to build for
>>> testing :(
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Benjamin Tolputt