[Bf-committers] gsoc and Durian artists wishlists

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Wed Mar 30 02:29:39 CEST 2011

> SEQUENCER/COMPOSITOR:
> - the ability to do GL preview renders from the sequencer. Among other
> things, this would complete the toolset for using the VSE for previz
> of multi camera scenes. IMHO, much nicer than the camera switching
> with markers method.

Just a note that Chris Webber is writing currently an addon called
'OGLER' to do this; basically it provides a button that switches scenes,
renders out OGL previews to temp. files , replaces (temporarily ) the
scene strips in the sequencerer with movie strips to those files,
renders the sequence out in open gl, and then cleans up after itself.
End result should be exactly what Beorn (and I) wanted ;)
Though it's an addon for use internally in the tube project, we'll be
releasing it as soon as it's finished (the script, not the project).
Cheers
Bassam