[Bf-committers] Blender developer IRC minutes, 27 March 2011

Sergey I. Sharybin g.ulairi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 21:39:13 CEST 2011

  Have u checked if it still crashes in openal? I mean maybe it's more
"buggy" libraries.

And as i wrote u in private letter, i've published the same environment
i'm using for my own builts. I've got lenny there and only python+openal
compiled by hand. All the rest are from official repo and
debian-mutimedia repo.

Anyway, maybe it'll be ok for to to give me your user-config.py and
`dpkg -l` from chroot environemnt (also list of self-compiled packages
would be really cool). In this case we'll have to advantages:
1. I'll be able to investigate why it crashes (i've got quite enough
free time nowadays)
2. We could setup buildbot environment very close to env. for release builts

Ken Hughes wrote:
> Downloaded the openal-soft source from squeeze, compiled it statically
> under lenny, and rebuilt.  Still getting the crash.
>
> Ken
>
> On 03/28/2011 08:32 AM, Sergey I. Sharybin wrote:
>>     Ken Hughes wrote:
>>> I get the crash also, however the  chroot has the latest version of
>>> OpenAL available with debian lenny.
>> Sounds like there's problem in lenny's openal. I've noticed no problems
>> with openal 1.12.854 (from  squeeze) or 1.13 (own built from orig sources).
>> Anyway, lenny is getting to be quite old, so mayeb it's not big deal to
>> upgrade this library in build environment and link staticlu against is?

With best regards, Sergey I. Sharybin