[Bf-committers] OS X update to XCode 4 breaks compiling

Shaul Kedem shaul.kedem at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 23:53:23 CEST 2011

Hi,
 I managed compiling and running blender in xcode 4.

 download cmake 2.8.4 and install it.

 After following the instructions at:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender/Mac run
"cmake-gui ../blender/"

 Make sure you create an xcode project.

 CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER should be /usr/bin/c++

 config and generate the project.

 Open the project within xcode4 and choose from the sub projects drop
down "install". press the "build and run" button.

 After this step ends choose "blender" from the dropdown and build and
run. at this stage blender runs on my setup.

shul