[Bf-committers] GSoC11 - Projects with a mathematical bent?

Mitchell Jeffrey buck68 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 15:29:20 CET 2011

Thanks Campbell and Tom for your replies,

I guess I'm not necessarily after a math-heavy project, but without a
blender-specific background I felt that keeping close to what I already know
would be the best way to join the dev team.

Tom, I'd agree that a project with many small milestones would be the best
way to go.  I'll follow my nose with the UV tools/seam creation since that's
been the easiest concept to pick up thus far ("flattening" sections of 3D
surface).  Polishing the UV tools then makes sense as small-milestone
project, I'm guessing it'd be somewhat related to seam creation.  I'll
continue to do my own research, but if could throw me a few pointers that'd
be great.  Any possible mentors I should get in touch with?

Just checked out the source from SVN; I've got a feeling that upgrading to a
[linux] distro with newer libraries would save a lot of time and effort with
regard to dependency resolution.  I've been on IRC for a little bit (Mitch-J
for now), seems quite a busy channel.  Wouldn't want to hog the airtime!

Cheers