[Bf-committers] Participating GSoC and the 'straighten' tool

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 00:04:52 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Sergey Kurdakov
<sergey.forum at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom,

> In Blender Artists Forum we agreed that most welcomed features for UV work
> in Blender that Roadkill may offer are:
>
> - stretch visualisation: this was once in tuhopuu, the code can be ported to
> the current version;

that has been in blender for a couple of years.

> - auto unwrap when changing seams;

that has been in for years although it wasn't enabled by default

> - edge/loop selection and seam editing in the UV editor: may be added once
> bmesh is there;

Not clear what you mean here - alt-b or something else?

> - intelligent stitching (big UV peaces do not move, smaller are connected);
> - possibility to see (output) UV maps of more objects not jstu one in UV
> editor without joining them into one mesh.

I don't believe that is in blender currently.

> - Highlighting in the uv editor islands that share borders with the current
> selection

nope that is currently one of the ideas as part of the UV suggested improvements

> - Non-uniform scale in the uv editor

skey - then press x or y

> - Weld selected vertices if the distance between them lies within a certain
> threshold

i don't think it has auto merge/snap - there is a transform snap to vertices.

> - For "pack charts" be able to choose an "island margin" as well

I know there was that in 2.49x i think current svn has that added back
in (can't check here though).

LetterRip