[Bf-committers] Blender Developer IRC meeting, March 20 2011
ton at blender.org
Sun Mar 20 19:04:52 CET 2011
Here's notes from today's IRC meeting:
1) Blender 2.5x project
- Campbell sent a proposal to bf-committers to split up the included
Python files using a "needs auto load" directory. This mainly for
startup speed. This won't effect add-ons at all and wont break
scripts! Still, to ensure the benefit is evident, tests will be done
in Windows and OSX first. If the outcome is positive - and no
objections arise here - Campbell will commit this week.
- Reminder for Martin Poirier: can Netrender be moved to add-on before
- Ton proposes to have a first batch of official test builds available
this week (assuming the autobuild system will take a bit of more time
to start up). Ton will send note to the Windows/OSX/Linux platform
- Short term planning: get test builds online this week, next sunday
call for 'freeze' (crucial bug fixes only), release official RC's
during the week after, and sunday April 3 meeting can agree on doing
- Jens Verwiebe has a patch for User Preferences Add-on install,
there's unzip issues in OS X. Brecht will review it.
- New Linux platform maintainer(s): currently Ken Hughes is listed as
main owner, but during the Python 3.2 discussion I saw a mail coming
by from Richard Shaw or David Plater that they'd like to be added. I
can't find this mail anymore... is either of you guys also proposing
to build .deb or other linux compatible release builds?
2) Other projects
- Nicholas Bishop integrated the dual-contouring code as a modifier: http://vimeo.com/21096739
- Paged particles development by Lukas Toenne & Janne Karhu is post
- Joe Eagar reports on Bmesh: progressing well still!
Bevel example picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/joeedh/bmesh_bevel_1.png
Campbell will get involved with the branch, testing and migration as
Ton mentions we would need docs in wiki; what works now, what is WIP,
and what's not done (also related to tools like UV unwrap or
modifiers). Preferably with nice code diagrams and architecture
- Ideas list needs to be finalized, next week meeting can give a final
- For this week: module owners please check and filter out or
prioritize the ideas. Tom Musgrove will hunt you for it too!
Ton Roosendaal Blender Foundation ton at blender.org www.blender.org
Blender Institute Entrepotdok 57A 1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers