[Bf-committers] Feedback on BGE Collision API

Geoff Gollmer geoff.gollmer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 03:29:24 CET 2011

Hey Moguri,

Although I like the idea of using callbacks, I don't think they are the
right answer with the current API. My main concern is checking object
collisions within a python actuator. Users would have to write code to
record collisions within each object's collision callback. Another issue is
large collision detecting particle systems. Users would have to assign a
callback to every spawned particle, and would be unable to control them all
with a single script, which may cause overhead issues. I think you may be
better off going with a list of events, despite the overhead they may cost.

Sincerely,
Geoffrey Gollmer